Green flora theme swing card

HB117

Hmmm where do I begin? I guess it's been a while since you last saw any new handmade card designs from me....the last one was probably the swap card I made for a fellow crafter last month. I've been busy making hand-bound books instead of making handmade cards. It felt a little difficult to start creating cards again because I left the arena for quite awhile to concentrate on other projects that involves mass producing craft materials for sale. Well, I've put that one aside for now so that I can concentrate on making cards again. I miss creating cards....I really do.

My customer gave me the freedom to design the card anyway I like except that there were a few conditions which was she wanted the card to have some quilling designs on it and she would prefer the card to have a green theme. So green it is!! It's 90 percent green and 10 percent, a combination of brown, gold, beige and yellowish tones.

It's been awhile since I last made any quilled flower like the ones you see on the card. I adore it very much. I hope to make a video tutorial on how to make them soon. Because I am afraid if I don't, then one day I might forget how to make it altogether! hehe! When I wanted to make them for the card, I had a hard time remembering how to start! Thank God I remembered it in the end after a few trials. ;)

Oh ya....not forgetting those ladybugs! They are so much fun to make. So cute. I will do a video tutorial on that as well this year. Gosh, so many video tutorials that I wanna make. Hopefully I can do them well :).

Oh! And another thing I would like to mention is those die-cut leaves.....oh how I love them so.....it's actually one of the three leaf patterns from a die-cut I recently bought when I went for the craft gathering. It's so worth it. It's a bit difficult to use but I can't help but love the design. So it didn't matter much to me. I'll learn to deal with it in time. 

I made a simple design for the wordings on the front of the card.....not much designs there....just arrangements of alphabets and liquid pearls on paper that was layered with distress ink. I love sewing on the paper to give it a more special touch.....that's why I also did the same for the paper that was meant for writing wishes inside the card. I really love that one. A special stencil that I bought to get that special shape....inking the lines and sewing around it in the end. It was fun to do!

All in all, this was a fun card to make, especially since it is a swing card. You can never feel bored with a swing card. ;)

Have a look at how the card swings in motion in the video below:

4 comments:

CC said...

Lin! It's so amazing how far you've come in the time I've known you! You are such a creative designer/artist! I can always tell your precise style whenever I see it! I love it and you!

Azlina Abdul said...

Hello CC!
Awwww....thank you so much dear! You really made my day!! Love you so much!!! <3

Anonymous said...

Awesome designs here lin... Your crafts are always exceptional. I found this site https://dottydotcrafts.com useful also, they have great designs & concepts.

Anonymous said...

Great way to decorate a swing card!

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...