Pop up graduation hat card

GD002

I got an order the other day to do a graduation card, but I didn't have enough time to do it. I didn't want to take the order at first but since my customer persisted, so I accepted the order in the end. But I told her, I only have time to make a simple one and a small one too since my schedule is pretty full for this month. Luckily she didn't mind it at all. :)

I believe......this is my second graduation card design. I don't really design graduation cards a lot. Don't really fancy making them that much as compared to other types of cards. Don't ask why ehehehe.

Well, for this design, I thought of doing something different. I thought of doing a pop up inside it. But didn't know what would it be until I saw a tutorial on how to make a graduation hat! That really caught my eye! Immediately I tried making it and I was surprised at how easy it was to make one. I really enjoyed making it and I especially love making the tassel for the hat! That was pretty fun! :D 

Since the card itself is pretty small, so the graduation hat had to be made small in size as well. That was the only thing that was pretty tricky for me to do. Especially since I have big hands, and chubby fingers, LOL! :D I also tried something new by stamping some flowers and colouring them and later making them pop below the graduation hat. Although it's very easy to do, I still loved it anyways since it's something new for me to try. All this time, I've always made pop up flowers from scratch, so making pop up flowers from rubber stamps were a fun thing to try out.

All in all, what's important is that I had fun.....and I tried something new.....plus, I made my customer very happy ;). You can view how the graduation hat pop up in the card at the video below:


3 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

This looks lovely, Noor!! can you send me the link to the tute!!
http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/
sumanpandit@gmail.com

Shylaashree said...

you are popup master noor, nice card

quilled paper paradise said...

You did it too! Very nice design! Congratulation!

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...